JMH is a Java harness for building, running, and analysing nano/micro/milli/macro benchmarks written in Java and other languages targetting the JVM.
Sunday, 2 October 2016
Those who believe they can move mountains, do. Those who believe they can't, cannot. Belief triggers the power to do.
Simple actionable advice for self-improvement. Basically, we are what we think, so think big.
1) Build confidence in yourself. Action reduces fear, so act.
Take small steps at first: Sit in the front everywhere you go, practice eye contact, walk 25% faster, practice speaking up, smile big, use positve words.
2) Think and dream creatively. Believe that it can be done and then the mind finds a way to get it done. Be open to new ideas and be progressive. Stimulate yourself with diverse ideas from diverse people. Capacity is a state of mind.
3) You are what you think. "The price tag you put on yourself, is probably the same price tag that the world will put on you." (pg 75) Dress up. Think your work is important. Think enthusiastically. Ask yourself if you are the type of manager that a subordinate would respect and follow?
4) Manage your environment because it is food for your mind.
People who tell you that it cannot be done are usually unsuccessful people.
5) Make your attitudes your allies. Live it up. Broadcast good news. Do better work that others expect. Remember people's names. Take initiative to build friendships. Talk less. Listen.
6) Get the action habit. Nothing happens just by thinking. Do not worry about problems. You can handle them as they come. Successful people handle problems as they arise. You cannot buy insurance on all problems. Start now.
7) Turn defeat into victory. Defeat is a state of mind. Be constructively self-critical; do not just look for another reason that you are a loser. Think that there IS A WAY. If it does not work, then back off and start afresh. Get mentally refreshed.
8) Use goals to help you grow. Goal is a dream acted upon. "The important thing is not where you were or where you are but where you want to get." (pg 195) Know where you want to go. Visualize your future.
9) How to think like a leader. Achieving success requires the help of others. Trade minds with the people you want to influence. "What would I think if I were that person?" Be human, and put people first.
Sunday, 28 August 2016
Monday, 22 February 2016
Apache Lucene - Index File Formats
Elasticsearch transaction log:
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
- the ratio of initial coding time between the best and the worst programers was about 20 to 1
- the ratio of debugging times over 25 to 1
- of program size 5 to 1
- and of program execution speed 10 to 1
Don't leave the interview without knowing:
- What are the expectations for the role?
- What does success look like for this job?
- Who will my manager?
- What projects will I work on?
- What is the tech stack?
- What are the hours like? How many of them are spent coding? In meeting?
- How do you build and release code?
- What are the company's mission and values?
- What is the office like?
- What's your favorite and least favorite part of working here?
Thursday, 29 October 2015
. A major milestone and achievement of the whole team, and wonderful contributions from the community. New type of aggregations called pipeline aggs, simplified query DSL by merging query and filter concepts, better compression options, hardened security by enabling security manager, hardening of FS behavior (fsync, more checksums, atomic renames), performance, consistent mapping behavior, and many more. Also, it bundles Lucene 5 release, which includes numerous improvements.