Sunday 19 June 2011

Astah for UML

I have recently needed a tool to generate UML diagram. It's been ages since I was using one. I think that was during my studies. As far as I can remember I was using ArgoUML. By the way, today it is not often used in the project as it used to be. Probably because of Agile approach.

I have found that ArgoUML hasn't had any new releases for a few years.
However, I found Astah. It is quite a useful tool.
http://astah.change-vision.com/en/index.html

The community version is free.

So if you need to build UML diagrams, I can recommend it.

1 comment:

Satomi Joba said...

Thank you for using Astah and posting about it.
I tried to contact you but couldn't find your contact, so I am writing on this comment.

I wanted to contact you to invite you to our program called Friends of Astah, please take a look at the page below and feel free to contact me to the email address shown in the page if you are interested or have any questions about it.
http://astah.net/friends-of-astah

Thank you.
Satomi